Forests sold within four to six years after planting
Release Date: August 27, 2018
Vietnam has three million hectares of production forests, 90 percent of which are acacia forests which provide materials to the woodwork industry.
Ngo Sy Hoai, deputy secretary general of the Vietnam Timber and Forest Products Association (Vifores), said at a government conference on the woodwork and forestry industry development in early August that since 2014, Vietnam has exported 8 million tons of dry woodchips each year, becoming one of the biggest exporters in the world. Of this amount, 60 percent goes to China.
To have 8 million tons of woodchips for export, Vietnam needs 16 million cubic meters of timber. With the current export prices of between $121 per ton (to China) and $124 to Japan, Vietnam can earn only $1 billion each year.
Source From: VietnamNet
- Industry 4.0 can catalyze ASEAN development: Vietnam PM September 11, 2018
- Vietnamese firms look to establish foothold in Mexican market September 8, 2018
- Furniture sector fetches $4.65m in current fiscal August 29, 2018
- Qatar National Bank names Vietnam as Asia’s newest ‘tiger’ economy August 14, 2018
- TÜV SÜD launches its hardlines testing laboratory in Ho Chi Minh City August 9, 2018