Qatar National Bank names Vietnam as Asia’s newest ‘tiger’ economy
Release Date: August 14, 2018
The latest ‘tiger’ economy in Asia is Vietnam as the country emerges as one of the world’s fastest growing economies, said the Qatar National Bank (QNB) in its weekly ‘economic commentary’ published on thepeninsulaqatar.com.
A range of indicators recorded in the first six months of 2018 demonstrated the booming Vietnamese economy. Its gross domestic product (GDP) grew 7.1% year on year, the fastest since 2011. The output of Vietnam’s manufacturing sector increased 13.1% on year.
According to QNB analysts, the manufacturing boom fueled exports to annually surge 20% in the period compared to the 17% increase posted for the entire 2017.
Source From: Nhan Dan Online
- Industry 4.0 can catalyze ASEAN development: Vietnam PM September 11, 2018
- Vietnamese firms look to establish foothold in Mexican market September 8, 2018
- Furniture sector fetches $4.65m in current fiscal August 29, 2018
- Forests sold within four to six years after planting August 27, 2018
- TÜV SÜD launches its hardlines testing laboratory in Ho Chi Minh City August 9, 2018