PM urges turning Vietnam into leading timber exporter
Release Date: August 8, 2018
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has set the task for the forestry sector to achieve double digit export turnover as of 2019, striving to turn Vietnam into a leading centre of the production and export of timber and forest products, with prestigious brands recognised by the global market.
The senior government leader made the requirement while chairing a national conference on boosting timber processing and forestry product export, held in Ho Chi Minh City on August 8.
According to the PM, agriculture contributes nearly 16% to the GDP, of which exports of wood and wooden products accounts for 21% of the total agricultural exports, reaching nearly US$8 billion last year.
Source From: Nhan Dan Online
- Industry 4.0 can catalyze ASEAN development: Vietnam PM September 11, 2018
- Vietnamese firms look to establish foothold in Mexican market September 8, 2018
- Furniture sector fetches $4.65m in current fiscal August 29, 2018
- Forests sold within four to six years after planting August 27, 2018
- Qatar National Bank names Vietnam as Asia’s newest ‘tiger’ economy August 14, 2018